domingo, 19 de abril de 2015

The elements of the universe are nourishment



The elements of the universe are nourishment

Every morning when I see the happy sunrise,
I meditate and breathe the fresh morning air.
Breathing and breathing slowly;
I feel how the air flows through my lungs, through all of my extremities.
And I feel a marvelous sensation throughout my whole body;
Thus I understand that the air is part of my life.

Later I drink a glass of fresh water from the spring.
I feel how the water flows and goes through all of my veins
Once again I feel this marvelous sensation throughout my entire being,
And I understand that I am water and water is a part of my life.

In this way, meditating and breathing,
I realize that I am standing on this land,
and I imagine that I am on the last step of a giant skyscraper;
I know that this, always lays the foundation on the land.
Then when I feel the taste of my nourishments in my mouth’
I am delighted and I enjoy the marvelous sensation
That causes each mouthful of nourishment
To glide down smoothly through my throat,
And I realize that everything comes from the land.
Thus I understand that the elements of the universe are my nourishment,
Therefore, I love the land, I protect nature and I defend my territory.

But when I walk through the city,
I see the how the smoke invades the streets, my eyes become tearful
And I feel the air suffocating me.
Then I walk farther and I see how the earth is being tortured
With the extraction of natural resources,
I see how the earth is being burned
The forests are becoming deserts
And the rivers are being left waterless.

Then I see the indifference among society.
I see many children crying of hunger.
I see many cry out for peace and justice.
But, I also see people laughing with the happiness of glorious luxury
Then I meditate and analyze the situation
And I understand, that it is the cruel system of government
That cultivates terror and domination over our villages,
That is why I am a rebel before this neoliberal and capitalist system of government.

José D. Pérez

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario